It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Ladies With Guns and Gun Safety

Post subject: Ladies With Guns and Gun Safety
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:28 pm 

Have you noticed that in just about every picture I've seen with a woman carrying a firearm, whether pointing it at the camera, or pointing it in the air, she has her finger on the trigger?

I can see if she is pointing it at someone ready to shoot, fine, she's ready to shoot and is going to fire.... But just holding the firearm, you need to keep your finger off the trigger, whether the weapon is loaded or not, you are supposed to treat EVERY firearm like it is loaded! It's basic firearm safety!

I challenge you to find a picture, where a woman has a firearm out and is not threatening someone withit, where she has her finger off the trigger! They may be out there, but more often than not, they have their fingers on the triggers!

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/gun-safety/default.html

Post subject: Re: Ladies With Guns and Gun Safety
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:27 pm 

This is a point that some "girls with guns" fans feel strongly about, and I can understand this. It's important for shooters of both sexes to know the rules of responsible gun safety, and we can assume that any of the gun-packing ladies pictured on the Girls With Guns site and its related pages would be fully conversant with them.

That said, a big part of the appeal of GWG iconography, for most fans, is the idea that it portrays a woman, in most cases, in a situation where she might be imminently ready to shoot --maybe not aiming at an adversary directly in the moment where she's pictured, but at the ready to aim and fire instantly if a foe suddenly appears, or suddenly goes for a gun. In that situation (even though not in others), a finger already placed lightly on the trigger, as long as it's done with the lady's full attention and control, might be a wiser move than not, and even make a one or two second difference in firing speed that could save her life. So personally, I'm perfectly okay with the imagery of a finger on the trigger, and don't take it as an anti-safety statement.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]