It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

K. W. Jeter's Kim Oh series

Post subject: K. W. Jeter's Kim Oh series
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:32 am 

K. W. Jeter is a successful, veteran fiction writer in more than one genre, and most of his work has been published by major publishers. But he chose to self-publish his Kim Oh series, about a smart, brave young Korean-American woman, orphaned very young and the caregiver for her wheelchair-bound little brother, who through a combination of circumstances has to shed her "Little Nerd Accountant Girl" persona and learn (when she's barely out of her teens) to become a tough, .357-Magnum-packing gunwoman on the shady side of the law. (Not, however, without a basically good heart and sense of decency!) Recently, I had the privilege of reading the first novel of the series, Real Dangerous Girl (it's free on Kindle), and HIGHLY recommend it. Kim's a fascinating character, and her transformation (which just begins here) is thoroughly believable. (There's also very little bad language or sexual content.) My only caveat is that the paperback editions of the series novels are out of print (maybe permanently), and it's only available on Kindle. But if the paperbacks come back in print, I'm buying a copy of this first one!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]