It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

The Athena Project

Post subject: The Athena Project
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm 

This is my current reading, written by Brad Bird - largely inspired after reading this piece about Ronda Rousey's foray into Hollywood. Obviously, The Expendables 3 is mentioned, but, the article says:

Quote:
Ms. Rousey's supporting parts are a run-up to a planned starring role in "The Athena Project," a movie about a team of female counterterrorism agents. The film is in the early stages of development with Time Warner Inc.'s Warner Bros. Producers cast her after one sit-down meeting and are working on the script now. That film "is what I would really like to make into my franchise," Ms. Rousey said. "Like Stallone has his 'Rambo' and Schwarzenegger has his 'Terminator' and Bruce Willis has his 'Die Hard.'"

That was, obviously, enough to get me interested. However, I haven't been very impressed with what I've read so far: the characters seem poorly distinguished from each other, and the dialogue is nowhere near as "witty banter between friends" as the author seems to think. Still, it's moderately entertaining, so I'll carry on, and await the movie...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]