It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Coral Hare, Atomic Agent

Post subject: Coral Hare, Atomic Agent
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 am 

Recently, I finished reading Clive Lee's debut World War II New Pulp espionage novel, Coral Hare: Atomic Agent, the title character of which is a teenage OSS field agent, an American-born Nisei named Mina Sakamoto, recruited soon after Pearl Harbor, who in the spring and summer of 1945 goes up against Japan's A-bomb program. (Coral Hare is her code-named radio callsign.) Despite the character's age, this is no tame YA novel; while Mina's out to forestall the deployment of Japan's WMDs, she's practically a WMD herself in terms of the mayhem she can cause! Adept with guns, edged weapons, martial arts and explosives (and a few improvised weapons that aren't in the manual), she's as lethally kick-butt as any heroine who ever graced the pages of a pulp novel, and she racks up the body count to prove it. Author Lee delivers a high-action, edge-of-the-seat thriller with our heroine in mortal peril practically every moment, and grounds it in very solid historical research (some of the factual basis only recently declassified). Highly recommended to members of this forum! (Full disclosure: I was offered a free review copy by the author, who's in my Action Heroine Fans group on Goodreads. I couldn't promise him a good review, and he didn't ask me to. The book earned its good review and high rating strictly on its merits!) Note: The book has some bad language, and a LOT of graphic violence, but no sex.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]